Benchmarking with the Net Promoter Score (NPS)

Many of us are open to seeking feedback from our clients and are using the Net Promoter Score (NPS) to do this, but how many are surveying their clients by team member or portfolio to get a true understanding on how individuals inside your business are performing? We know that our industry average is about -15% and that a good NPS score for property management is +40%. If our business is getting, say a +10% NPS overall, are we capturing which individuals in our business are already scoring +40% and which ones are scoring -15%.

Who is surveying their customers by portfolio and what results are you seeing across the team?

Hey Adam, we do by portfolio and also by BDM. We’re also now doing after each appraisal and working out the difference between those that buy with us and those that don’t and their scores as per the Ailo Leadership day. Hopefully will get enough for some statistical analysis soon. Exciting!

1 Like

Hey @adamhooley can you share any stats on industry NPS and why +40 is a good score for a property manager? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @oliver This is really from my own experience with using NPS. The industry average at the moment for property management (in Oz sorry) is -6. I have found that at +40 your complaints slow right down and your team are generally delivering on your customer expectations. I also find it you go too far above this, e.g. above 60, I find your team are probably focusing too much on customer service, that they are not doing their core tasks and this eventually this catches up with them, causing their NPS score to plummet.

here is a snapshot from a broader report showing the industry average
05%20am

AU-NPS-Industy_Benchmarks.pdf (1.9 MB) is the full report (Again, it is for Oz sorry).

3 Likes

Thanks Adam