Business Book Recommendations

Hi!
Does anyone have any books they can recommend that have helped their business?
Thanks

2 Likes

Great question @CorinneMansour!

Personally, I love Simon Senik’s “Start With Why”. I am sure you have read it, but its a faourtite of mine, I have it on audio and listen when im stuck in traffic. I learn something new each time.

I know its an oldy but a goody - I really got so much out of The E-myth by Michael Gerber years ago and I pick it up every now and then. I also love “One Bite at a Time” by David Brewster & Gary Calwell and my new favourite is Creating a Customer Service Mindset by Jacquie Scammell. There are loads of others too, but these stick in my mind.

1 Like

Thanks so much @ashley.giles & @terrihandy definitely grabbing a couple of those this week.

There is a great book called “Good to Great” by Jim Collins. It discusses why some large, publicly traded companies were good versus those that were great in the same field (say drugs stores compared to the others).

4 Likes

Thanks for posting @mike and a great recommendation… I just looked it up and ordered onto my kindle!

Thanks! @mike

1 Like

I read this one @CorinneMansour many years ago and found it to be quite simple yet motivating.

18%20pm

1 Like

I love a good Covey book… I first read this when I was 15… (I was not a very effective person then but that is a different story.)

Great choice @adam.

1 Like

Yes! That another great one @adam

Also getting The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni as mentioned by Jason Rose and Never Lose a Customer Again by Joey Coleman

Lots of new ones to add to the library

1 Like

Hi @CorinneMansour. This is a really short read but its a great book.

If your ever over in Auckland pop into our office and you can have my copy…

2 Likes

Thanks @natalie

2 Likes

Excellent book Adam!

2 Likes

My pleasure! I really like their take on leadership/ It was a surprise for me… but I will not spoil it for you! Cheers.

2 Likes