How do you promote personal growth?

How do you encourage employees to learn and grow to help them build out their careers? Ultimately each individual should own their career and not wait for there employers to drive it for them, however, as employers, we have an obligation to ensure we encourage our team to continually learn and grow to remain engaged and advance in their career.

Here at LPMA we have and Extraordinary Program where we encourage staff to do courses/conferences etc to a certain value. You may encourage each employee to spend up to $500 per year on extra learning outside of the business.

Who has awesome ways to encourage continued learning amongst their teams?

1 Like

We have setup a 10% tuition discount with a local college.

We train on thing like goal setting and time management.

We give pay increases based o. Professional development.

1 Like

Our team is currently reading, ‘how to become a rainmaker’. We read and discuss a book, once a month. I have a subscription to Harvard which I send articles from and also I’ll send out videos I like too. I’m trying to keep up with my learning as well as promoting it within our team.

2 Likes

Jodie, I love this idea!

Have never relied on management to inspire me or to train or assist me in working towards a higher goal, ultimately it is up to me. I think if you love what you do, you have passion for it, you find your way and platforms to take you where you want to be. Every conference, every training I go to, I push for it myself a lot of the time I pay for it too, as I see it as massive self investment in my growth both work and personal life.

1 Like

It makes such a difference. Btw, hope you’re feeling ok?! Saw your post.

I completely agree re: personal growth. I think if you have passion you find a way, but I do think I learned how to get out of just learning about our industry from different leaders over time and how to do different types of learning. That’s what we can help our teams with! :slight_smile:

2 Likes