---> Start by INTRODUCING YOURSELF 👋

Hi Jono, So it was you I caught the cab with back to the air port after the Leadership Summit. I was telling my staff about you. Your enthusiasm and passion was contagious. Love you attitude.

3 Likes

Hi Colleen! It was me! haha you found me! Thank you so much for your kind words! I really enjoying our conversation and its amazing what you are your team have created down on the beautiful GC! You have a lot of knowledge and experience to impart on us! Look forward to catching up again soon!

2 Likes

Hey Ya!

I have been in the property management industry for, uh-hem, 28 years. I am a sole operator and director of Sutherlands Property Management since 2004 when I was a little operation in my husband’s office.

I think I have almost experienced everything property management. I have also sold businesses, leased & sold commercial property, and looking into facility and project management.

I do my best NOT to do any of the mundane day to day tasks. My role in the PM department is technical projects and trouble shooting which I tend to enjoy.

Currently, and for the past 18 months, have been trying to create a business that is advanced, innovative and supportive. I believe it is always a WIP (Work in Progress) … well I tell myself that so I don’t feel so bad.

I think I have been an LPMA member since it was born in 20-whenever. Seen many many changes in that time. Seeing and listening to the Mega-Offices is daunting and gives me anxiety. I am happy with my well managed (micro managed) rent roll. I do have my challenges 1. being so small and 2. being a sole operator.

LPMA has been good to me over the years because I am so small (did I mention that already) whereby I feel supported, welcomed and appreciated. I don’t have the big budget to do all the training and receiving all the consulting so I have learnt to do all that myself with the help of LPMA

Enough about me. What about you? What do you think about me? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @Colleen welcome and great to have you on board! Very much looking forward to your contributions here in the channel and also keeping us entertained at LPMA functions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha I am hoping by ‘entertained’ you mean it in a good way

2 Likes

@colleen…sure. :rofl:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Mark here, I am a Team leader at Wendell Property Management here in Auckland. I’m relatively new to the industry but looking forward to making my mark…

I used to be an electrician so naturally property management was the next step. I’m enjoying the challenges that the industry has to offer and am looking forward to seeing and being part of the changes in the near future.

Cheers, Mark

3 Likes

Hi @Mark So nice to have you come on board. I look forward to seeing your contributions :grinning:

1 Like

Welcome @Mark great to have you here. It always beneficial to have a fresh perspective.

Welcome @Mark . I cant believe the other 2 let you get away with your bad punn …“making your mark” classic! :rofl:

I’m glad someone appreciated it! Thanks @Ashley :smiley:

Poor little Fishy doesn’t have a head any more :joy::joy::joy:

Chocolate%20fish

Thank you so much @kelly What a lovely surprise to receive in yesterday’s mail.

Kiwis have the best ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s a pleasure Terri, I hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

Hello stranger !!!

Hi all, looks like this will be a great environment for discussions and sharing ideas.

Magic Rentals is located in Radelaide, the place to be :slight_smile: I started Magic Rentals a few years ago now. Knew nothing about property management when I started and it’s been an amazing journey so far.

At the moment we are working hard in the business to take things to the next level… but at the same time working smarter so I can do some fun stuff outside of the business !

Talk soon

Tim

3 Likes

Hello, Hello

What a surprise to see you here @TimEllis :smile: Great to have you on board.

Hi @TimEllis it’s great to have you onboard. looking forward to sharing ideas with you here in forums.

Hey Tim! Great to have you onboard and here with us. Looking forward to seeing your ideas and questions coming through to the community.

See you in a few weeks at PMC!

RS

1 Like

Everyone else missed this but Welcome Back :beach_umbrella:! We are so pleased to have you back on deck after your month abroad!

1 Like

Thanks @ashley.giles! It’s great to be back!
Our wedding and honeymoon was just wonderful and it’s a LITTLE hard getting back to reality I’ll be honest LOL…really looking forward to catching up with everyone properly at PMC and no doubt we’re all ready to not only soak up all that information by some truly amazing speakers, but also to let our hair down and celebrate another great year :sunglasses:

2 Likes