Onboarding your customers

Most of us are running a stringent tenant induction or signup program to ensure the tenant understands their rights and responsibilities before they take possession of a property. But if you ask the same businesses if they are onboarding their landlords, a majority of them would say no.

Running a short video, quick phone or live video call to welcome your new landlords into the business will lay the foundations for a successful relationship going forward. They have a need to understand both the next steps in your taking over their property and the long term approach to communication and maintenance.

Who are you doing to onboard your new landlords and lay the foundations of your relationship?

2 Likes

@adam I love it when I sign up to a new piece of tech, and their full on-boarding process is triggered… I get reminded how we can defiantly do this better in Property Management!

This is such an important time for our clients, both tenant and owner but very few offices (inlcuding mine) have a formal process to make sure that cleints are inducted and walked through how their service will work. We are setting ourselves up for failure!

I would love to see what someone has come up with if you have mastered this space… Let us know!

1 Like

Firstly LOVE this thread! This is something that we’re looking at with Renti, which primarily on-boards new tenants. To us, it’s all about building good relationships and leveraging software to do that!

When you send a tenancy agreement to a tenant, we’ve been tossing around the idea of having a video that explains the tenancy agreement to tenants to help them better understand their rights and responsibilities that they must watch before having the ability to digitally sign. We want to eliminate confusion for the tenant, add an audit trail of watching the video and reduce potential misunderstandings and issues down the line.

However, it’s not something that we’ve thought about with landlords! You can currently send your management authority agreements through Renti… but do you think we should also be adding in a video feature for landlords? Any ideas out there that might be able to take this even further?

2 Likes

Hi @Gabi Welcome to the forums. I think if you already have the framework to do it for the tenants, it makes sense to try and do it for the landlords also. It is often overlooked but I have never had a business say they don’t think it is a good idea.

2 Likes

Great feedback! My ideal would be an entire landlord portal, where they could access applications (if PMs wanted them too), statistics on their properties, some legal information to help them understand reasonings behind PM decisions etc. Feel free to send more of your brilliant ideas our way, we pay very well in sweet treats :doughnut:

1 Like

Just so happens I’m a donut connoisseur :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This sounds great Gabi, I would love to learn more!

2 Likes

Welcome to Forums @zelda thanks for contributing :slight_smile:

1 Like