Print Marketing! is it dead or alive?

Print marketing has had a huge influence on the way we market over the years. In Real Estate Sales, we still see a large presence with print marketing. In property management, we tend to now lean towards email and social media campaigns. Is anyone still doing property management print marketing whether it be the newspaper, mailbox drops or direct mail ad what success are you having?

I’d be interested in anyone who has moved a print marketing campaign into an online campaign and would be open to sharing their results.

Yes I do a monthly advert in my local “free” paper in Tauranga… call the Weekend Sun… and it is amazing how many people comment on seeing my advert in there… just keeps me out there in my local market place

3 Likes

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the forums. Thank you for sharing, thats great news… this is a community paper I believe? Do you run the same ad? Can you share it here? I think that staying in front of the community is hugely important, and this is awesome that this works for you and your business.

Hi Ashley

Yes it is a community paper… with a large distribution area… and it is widely read and followed… I have 3-4 adverts and a mix them up… this paper also has an online presents and maybe once a year I also advertise on this… my adverts are always colour and are normally 8x2 in size… I have found this to be my best received advertising…I have tried BOP Times and “nothing”… I have been advertising for over 4 years now in the Weekend Sun.

Hi @karen and welcome to forums :slight_smile:

I think that is a valid point around keeping yourself out there. Sometimes we forget the little things that we can’t measure that keeps our name in front of mind in our community. Thanks for sharing.

Yes… @adam… so many people get all excited about social media, etc… that they forget about the basics … the good ole tried and tested advertising… it also reaches a larger age demographic.

1 Like

Welcome Karen, great to see you here.

1 Like

We have a history of advertising in the Waikato Times to attract Landlords, but I am wondering if it really hits the right demographic and if its money well spent.

A few Waikato Times stats for you :nerd_face:

• Average daily readership is 46k, of which 19k are aged 65+.
  • Average reader age is 63 years old.
  • 82% of readers are homeowners … thats 37k readers (great!). BUT, of those 37k readers who are home owners, 24k are mortgage free which suggests to me that they are Baby Boomer generation who are unlikely to be property investors (given no debt).

I agree that you want to be ‘out there’ and keeping your brand in people’s minds but are there more imaginative and cost effective ways of achieving brand awareness?

Also while on the subject does anyone have any demographic information on property owners? I would be interested to know the profile of the average investor.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @oliver I think print media can have a place in community brand awareness so don’t discount it altogether. I would, however, use it in conjunction with a more targeted online marketing campaign also.

1 Like