Social Media Lead Generation

(Adam Hooley) #1

Does anyone use Facebook or Instagram to generate new business leads? How successful is it for you?

(Ashley Giles) #2

I would love to know the answer for this one… We have been doing social for 8 years, and I cannot quantify what it has actually done for new business. Very keen to hear some ideas and figures on this. I know that the boys from Tommy’s in Wellington are big in this space. I will get them to share their learnings.

(Adam Hooley) #3

I think there are some key points to measure success here. A defined call to action that drives leads to a landing page so that your can measure click through rates and gather lead data for followup campaigns. Without this I’m not sure there is real way of measure the value of the expense or success of the campaigns. I’m keen to hear what others are doing though. Definitely keen to hear from Tommy’s @ashley.giles

(Terri Handy) #4

@ashley.giles I think the guys at Tommys mentioned they were having more success with Linked In, rather than Facebook. I know that they are consistently blogging on a regular basis and credit this to helping build their profile so quickly. I heard somewhere recently that agencies will often find most of their followers on Instagram are other agents - not sure if this is the case or just one person’s experience.

(Ashley Giles) #5

Thanks Terri, yes 30k followers to their blog… interesting re: Linked in, but that does make sense… I know that the advertising component is very good on this format… It was not part of our Marketing Plan, but it is now!

(Colleen Sutherland) #6

I do the blogging but getting it to a point of consistency is key and I struggle with that.

Linked In I clearly haven’t got the hang of yet because it is yet another platform that I seem to see the same stuff they post on FB and insta.

Something’s got to be said for engaging someone to do your marketing on social media.