Standing apart from your comptetitors

Just marketing yourself as a property management business isn’t enough these days. The market place is very competitive and we need to stand out from our competitors. We need to do two things; Define what makes us different from our competitors, our Point of Difference, and how do we systemise and report this to ensure we can consistently deliver it to customers.

An idea here could be that you ‘maximise your clients return on investment’ through annual rent reviews, property valuations, stringent tenant screening and minimised vacancy rates. Now some of you may be saying to yourselves, we already doing this, it’s not a ‘Point of Difference’. I would argue, that many businesses say they do these, but don’t actually deliver this consistently to their clients. I would also argue that the business that are doing this well, are not leveraging this asset and sharing it with their clients to add value to their service and stand apart from their competitors.

What are you doing well in your business that makes you stand apart from your competitors, and how do you use this to drive new business leads?

1 Like

I pride my business on service, being able to attend to the properties, tenants and owners like no other can. I specialize in custom service and attention. I’m able to do this through premium services and technology allowing me to retain a small portfolio at a premium rate.

2 Likes

Hi @sallena welcome to the Forums and thanks for your contributions. I think it is great that you can add such value through a personalized service to your clients. Can I ask, does this service attract a premium fee to your business?

1 Like

Hi Adam,
Yes my services do attract a premium rate. Owners are more than happy to pay for quality Services, communication and technology.
Its truly amazing as the smaller portfolio keeps them happy and also allows for work life balance while I have 2 small children.
I’m finding Owners that come to me just want to be treated better

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing @sallena this is a great learning experience and supports the theory that owners will pay a premium for the reliable consistent service.

1 Like

Delivering a transparent, individualized management system is a major point of difference for our office. Many investors don’t want the same “cookie cutter” style management anymore.

1 Like

This is awesome @rebecca I am pro systems myself however sometimes I spend time with businesses unravelling their systems because they are way to cookie cutter and offered an individual service.

1 Like