What the best virtual viewing platform

Hi All,
Just trying to work through this new work environment, keen to know what are the best virtual meeting platforms.

1. for virtual viewings of rental properties
  2. for team meetings
    Hope to get some guidance.
    Thanks
    Cindy
2 Likes

Hi Cindy,

For Team Meetings, I don’t think you can go past Zoom. The free version works quite well, but depending upon the number of people who you are inviting in and the length of time your meetings may be, it might be worthwhile upgrading - I find it to be really quite good value. I have been using Zoom for a few years now and love it.

With virtual tours, there are a few different options out there and I can see some agencies starting to utilise some of them. My concern here is around providing the value for our clients - tenants and owners. It is not just about a 360 degree video online, but about the experience you are creating and the consistency.

I know Adam and Ashley from LPMA are rolling out some extra resources around this. Also, if you are interested and can wait this long, I am holding a Facebook Live on Thursday morning at 9am Brisbane time to run through these exact topics and my suggestions around how to navigate them. You are most welcome to attend. Hopefully, this link will work https://www.facebook.com/events/1520764664745749/ If not, check us out at pmXcite.com.

I happen to know @ashley.giles is pretty good with Zoom as I recently crashed a catch up he was having with his team :roll_eyes:. He may also be able to assist you.

I think the important thing to remember for everyone is to take a breath. We do not have to solve every problem in the next couple of days. I think we will have a little bit of grace from our clients over the next little while and we should use this to test a few different things. What I feel is most important is to communicate clearly with your team and clients what things you are rolling out immediately and what you are working on with the message that you are acting in their best interests.

Good luck. Would love to hear how you go :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks, @terrihandy,

I would agree, Zoom is great for teams and thank you for crashing our test of this with the guys at home, it made it so much more fun! Haha…

@cindy re: videos for letting, we decided to go for a “Walkthrough” as opposed to a 360 VT, as the VT has to be hosted on a server, and for traffic reasons, and restrictions on how many we can host and for how long it was going to be too costly and hard to adjust.

We simply went out and purchased a “Gimble” for the team’s phones, https://www.google.com/search?q=gimbal+for+iphone&rlz=1C5CHFA_enAU787NZ788&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiRkaim76zoAhV38HMBHZM5DKsQsxh6BAgNEC4&biw=1440&bih=789

They are not expensive and means that you can smoothly and accurately document the property. Upload these to your youtube channel, and then put it straight into trade me without any costs, or additional software etc.

This one was the fist we did, so its a bit rough but our team have done 6 over the weekend and we hope to have every property done by Tuesday in case further restrictions are set into place. We have adjusted our process for viewing and noted this on our Trade Me ads. Here is the text.

*** Viewing process *** Due to Covid-19, we have adjusted our leasing process to ensure the safety of everyone. If you are interested in the property, please follow the following steps, and reach out to us at any time if you have any further questions:

1. Please review the listing below including photos, property specifics, and the video walkthrough.
  2. If you would like to apply, please follow the link to the agents’ website below and submit an application.
  3. We will contact you regarding your application and if successful, one of the team will arrange to meet you at the property for a private viewing to ensure the property is the right fit for you and sign your agreement virtually.

If you have travelled by plane in the last 14 days or been in contact with someone who is in self-isolation by COVID-19 please advise us*

I hope this helps, we are currently doing up more for Wendell Property and I am realising this here for anyone who would like it, and on the LPMA Facebook page. As @terrihandy and many of the other great operators in this industry has said, we are here for each other, no questions asked so please take what works for you and use it in any way shape for form with our blessing.

Ashley

2 Likes

THANKS HEAPS, much appreciated, I’m off to get a Gimble, and find some music.
Hugely grateful for the detailed responses, it eases the stress and the current burden we are all under.

1 Like

Hi @cindy, @adam just created this video that may be able to help you as well. Click here to watch it. Wish you all the best - Joana