Zoom Routine Inspections

There is a lot of talk about Zoom Routines where the tenant is on video walking through the property and the PM is recording it on Zoom.

Who is doing this and how successful is it?

I’m not getting my head around it. Are tenants willing to do this? What if you have a tenant who is resisting and just saying No?

I watched one another well known PM recorded and it is way different to how we conduct them which makes me think do some PM’s just fluff their way through a RI?

My head hurts!

1 Like

Both Tim Ellis and Louise Schofield are doing them @Colleen. Jump on the Leadership call at 11am tomorrow and you can quiz them about it.

1 Like

I didn’t realise these were daily. I have missed so much! It’s now in my calendar … daily

1 Like

Hi Colleen, I gave my tenants different options, about 7 different ways, one of them being zoom. So far its been great - the skype and or vidoe calling has been so cool, after a few minutes of chit chat with tenants - we then get onto business. There are a couple that I haven’t been able to do to. But I rather do at least half if nothing, because go back to work, I hate the idea of work pilling. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Shadi have you considered just letting your tenant video the inspection and then send to you? May be they can be guided by a 1-page checklist.

1 Like

one of the options was the video. I have also done an inspection on my own house, put on youtube, sent the link to the tenant and said - if you do a video, this is how you do it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s awesome. :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Thanks for this info. So putting it on the You Tube, is this where tenants upload it? I tried sending a video to clients yesterday. It was 10 minutes and took forever then the damn thing failed. I’m going to upload it to You Tube today and send a link

1 Like

Great question.

We cancelled our inspections for April (we did March inspections as we weren’t impacted until end March).

We are reviewing inspection options for May and beyond and I’m pleased to hear that zoom records video meetings. Im interested in hearing more too.

That being said, Inspection Express are releasing something similar shortly (remote inspections) and we are waiting to hear more on that when they do.

1 Like

This is a common problem for me, and makes me feel like I am so tech unsavvy! How did this end up working for you @Colleen?

I’m keen to hear how you go with Inspection Express @michelle1