Using technology to improve the customer experience

I totally agree @terrihandy but I do have to say… People often forget that trust accounting software is primarily there to manage the trust account. Sometimes we get so frustrated with its inspection capabilities etc… I like the way that cloud is going as its all about integration, bringing the best of everything available into your one platform… This is what @adam was mentioning that the US are struggling to do… So well done AU & NZ, ahead once again…

Spend time expiring your TA software, there is so much it can do that is often not used. I spoke to someone the other day that moved Trust Accounting softwares because they thought theres could not do mail merges… and of cause it could… an extreme example, but know your software that you have in house first before you shop for more… My 2 cents anyway…

2 Likes

@ashley.giles I do like the way the cloud is making it easier for integrations. It is much easier to pick and choose the products that suit you best and if your needs change, or something comes along that suits you better, it is just a matter of plugging it in.

I find that most offices provide very little training on their software and the knowledge of the team actually deteriorates over time as people come and go. Investing in a few hours of “Refresher Training” for the whole team can be so worthwhile in the efficiencies created and the boost to everyone`s morale.

1 Like

I agree @terrihandy we had a situation recently where we asked one of our software companies we use for a refresher course on their product as we didn’t feel we were getting the most out of the product. They advised us they could do it but for a fee!

Needless to say its not a product I promote or recommend anymore.

1 Like

That is such a shame @kimberley.yeeles and a little shortsighted of them.

1 Like

For BDMs, I like the app Realm Industries. I can select my core trade areas and get news and data direct to the app about that area from a number of different sources like REA, domain, Core Logic, news.com.au, the real estate conversations, Property Council of Australia + heaps more.
For eg, today, I received ‘Core Area Update’ and it was a summary of the data in the area, including vacancy rates and average rent. It’s great as it keeps the BDM informed about their core area and therefore an area expert for their new clients.

3 Likes

Oh! Does IRE do that?

1 Like

Yes, @Colleen IRE does give you the ability to send reports such as the one Adam mentioned. You can personalise the communication and there are several different ones you can select from. Worthwhile having a bit of a play around to see what is possible.

1 Like

@Colleenas Terri mentioned. There are quite a lot of automated reports in IRE. You can even set one up to come to you after each inspection so you can keep your finger on the pulse. They often use this where a property manager has a leasing consultant. The one that goes directly to the owner post-inspection is by default turned off. I would have a chat to IRE and have another session with them around reporting.

1 Like

I do know about the after inspection report that comes to me.

I’ll give them a call. Thanks for the heads up.

2 Likes