Email Tracking Program

What is everyone using to track their emails? It is too easy for someone to say (in QCAT) they didn’t get the email. I have a bit of a clunky system so want to see if there is a streamlined way?

2 Likes

@Colleen Some email systems allow you to turn read receipts on which helps. What I have done in the past is to prove that the tenant got other emails around a similar time. Emails are considered delivered once sent, however, if the tenant makes an argument that they don’t use that email anymore, QCAT will air on the side of caution. Simply demonstrating they got a different email at the same time will give you the leverage you need.

1 Like

Haha what would I know. I can’t even use the microphone on my computer. I so need to get up with the times.

Thanks for the info though.

1 Like

@Colleen We use Gmail for our emails and I have Streak and Hubspot as extensions and they track emails for me. I get notified once they have been opened and can see other tracking info. Very handy to have!

3 Likes

Can they only be added to Gmail address? I am on Outlook

1 Like

I think Gmail only unfortunately.

1 Like

Outlook has an option for this, you can simply set this as defult, then create a rule for the “Opened” emails to go into a folder. That way you can search them should you ever need…

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I find that they don’t click the button that says ‘read receipt’. I do the delivery receipt.

Very handy for Tribunal when the tenant is say ‘I didn’t get that email’. Yeah, ya’ did!

I use Bomb Bomb for video marketing emails so I have added that on in Outlook and that tells me when they have opened it. Downside is I can’t print it out.

2 Likes