Is there a glass ceiling in your business?

Property Management is a tough business, so it important your PMs are given opportunities to progress within your business. But, if you have a team of PMs, how do you create enough progression opportunities within the business?

This is something that has been hard for us at Wendell’s, we have great people who stay with us for a long period of time which we love! But at about year 4, the conversation comes when they sit in your office and say, “I love this company, and I want to stay but I don’t want to run properties anymore”

I would love to know if this is isolated to just us, or if this is part of a greater pattern, and how do we keep great people in the industry and move them through when the business may only have so many layers…

1 Like

Great post @ashley.giles Iluv to know how that conversation ends. Also, it is your team structure that forces the ceiling or the longevity of the team members?

1 Like

Its a good question. We are portfolio, so it does mean that growth is limited, however our retention numbers are higher than the average, so that could also be a factor.

Recently, we have helped 2 of our longer term staff move into Property Tech companies, its very exciting to see them grow in another part of the industry, and those skills and experience not lost.

@marine you and Phil at One Place have a very unique way of overcoming this. Would you mind sharing here? Thinking Max at Umanest etc.