Is your business pro-systems

It may be a silly statement to make but many smaller businesses don’t really require a stringent set of systems to drive a great customer experience. Unfortunately, these small businesses start to become bigger and their habits don’t grow with their business. Suddenly they find that there is too much happening beyond their control and aren’t too sure how to handle it.

Systems become essential as you grow, however, you need to already have a systems thinking type nature before this becomes a driver for your business success.

I’m keen to hear how people evolved from a small startup to medium or large property management business, and what systems helped you scale so that your customer experience wasn’t sacrificed as an expense.

2 Likes

Hey @adamhooley this resonates a lot with our business. We grew from scratch in 1996 to our market’s largest independent agency and consistently in the top 3 agencies for our market across all areas today. While this is great news we have now reached a ceiling where our small business mindset and processes are capping the business. The good news as a leadership team we know it and are super excited to scale it up with good quality systems and processes

2 Likes

@dschubert great work. You will find a heap of ‘On Demand’ webinars in the LPMA resources that will help you with this transition.

2 Likes

This resonates so much with me and where we are at as a business. I started the business from scratch and in the last 6 months we have doubled in size with the purchase of a rent roll. It has largely gone really smoothly with all of our new clients on boarded and really happy with the transition.

I generally have a systems mindset, however it’s one thing to have it in your head, and one thing to have it on paper. We just had to start at the beginning, documenting one process at a time…it still feels like we have so far to go! It’s a huge transition from small to medium and then to large…practically and psychologically and transitioning staff has been huge.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Lee it all takes time but sounds like you have the foundations and mindset for a great business.