Key tracking solutions

Hey all

Keeping a track of all of your keys!!

We are currently using the old pen and paper system with a “key register book” but am interested to see if anyone is using technology for this, or any alternative system that works for there office.

I have looked into Logitout but really keen to hear peoples feedback and recommendations

Thanks

5 Likes

Hi @Cherie welcome to the LPMA forums :wave: It’s awesome to have you here. Keys are a huge killer for us. I know here in Oz many offices use the Key Tracker app within inspect realestate.

2 Likes

Hi Cherie, we used to use a key register book but at the start of the year I made the decision to use the Advanced Key Tracker system in Palace…it took some time for staff to get into the habit of using it and then I threw the physical book away much to their horror haha…I just found with it being there, it was too easy to not commit to the new system. Everything is working really well now and everyone is happy.

5 Likes

Thanks for the response Lee - So many options but we’ve had a bit of change lately so will look at throwing out my key book next year :slight_smile: - I bet that felt liberating!!

5 Likes

Just wanting to bump this and see if anyone has any other recommendations for Key storage systems?
Have done some research on Logitout and also KeyWhere but open to any other suggestions - that don’t include a pen and paper!!

3 Likes

I have looked into Key Tracker through Inspect Real Estate - once my rent roll grows that bit more - I will swap over to the electronic scan out scan in method - the cabinet also lights up which highlights when the key is missing - I think it will be a good system

2 Likes

Agree Louise it does look good, just quite a costly initial outlay.

Will keep doing some investigations :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes we are using the key tracker system in IRE - only downfall is that it allows only 1 set to be logged when sometimes we have multiple sets. We use a manual log for the duplicate sets. Or we install a key safe at the property when we have multiple trades going there.

1 Like

Arrg the number of subscriptions one needs in a property management business! Good question and thanks for the information in response. We are not interested in yet another subscription-based solution but appreciate knowing what our options are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe that Ailo are looking into working on a Key Solution - it will be interesting to see what they come up with

Agree the biggest detractor is yet another “dashboard” and subscription to use.
Will be interesting to see what Ailos solution is however in the meantime we are sticking with the basic key/number and pen/book system.

1 Like