Planning Days / Hack Days / Strategy Days - what do you cover in these days?

For those that set up offsite planning days with their team - what are some of the things that you cover as part of the Agenda?

Also do you have any ideas for interesting team building games / exercises to include? Last year we used spaghetti, sticky tape, marshmallows and paper to create the highest standing structure in 30 minutes - lot’s of fun

I am writing the planning for a session this week for our 3rd year offsite as a team - and keen to mix it up a little

Michael

2 Likes

Hey Michael,
We had our second off site culture and planning day last Thursday a really engaging activity was one we named “Four Squares” The rules are simple no words, you must draw everything.

Top left square - Draw what you bring to the team

Top right square - Draw your idea for a team event.

Bottom left square - Draw your hobby

Bottom right square - Draw what you need from the team to succeed.

I’m also interested to hear what others include in the agenda of their off site days

4 Likes

That is brilliant -

Do you mind if I add this - but I will credit you

I love it

Did you have the rest of the group guess what the images represented? I can see this to be a lot of fun and really engaging - Thanks @dschubert - you have given me some really good ideas

1 Like

Some great ideas there guys. I’m preparing to run our first hack day in March but I’m still working on the agenda. If any of you have anything that you would be happy to share I would love to hear it. At the moment I’ve broken it down to the below:

• SWOT
  • Themes - What theme do we want as team to form part of our destination
  • Key projects - Whats important to us that we tick off this year
  • Quick wins - To be reviewed / discussed monthly. Whats something we can change quickly
  • Investigates - What thing do we want to investigate to potentially implement
  • Clean ups - What do we agree we need to clean up on

Any comments or thoughts on the above would be greatly appreciated!

3 Likes