Pre-Vacate Inspections.....who does them, and who doesn't?

This afternoon I was working on updating our Pre-Vacate Checklist - and as I was reading through all the points, and benefits of conducting a Pre-Vacate within 48-72 Hours after receiving the NTV from the Renter / Tenant - I wondered - just how many Agencies actually do a pre-vacate?

Whenever I speak with PM’s / Principals - they say that yes that is a great idea, but we don’t have the time?

Just interested to if it is part of your workflow & procedures to inspect the property (with the Landlord) within 48-72 hours after receiving a NTV - or do you go straight into the New Advertising Campaign mode?

3 Likes

We do a pre-vacate assist call to make sure they are on track. 50/50 strike rate that they are on track :pensive:

2 Likes

We certainly offer a pre-vacate inspection and some of our tenants take us up on it. When they do, it helps with speeding up the process and the release of their bond which is definitely a positive!

3 Likes

We do offer pre-vacate inspections if the tenant wishes to do so. Our pre-vacate process is comprehensive with expectations explained with a vacate pack via email and personal phone consults leading up to the final day of the tenancy. We tend to find most tenants return the property well with this process but clearly there is that percentage of tenants who will never do the right thing (evictions).

2 Likes

We have a lot of success with pre-vacate inspections with our tenants, when the tenant doesn’t take up the pre-vacate, I find there are issues at the final inspection.

3 Likes

Hi All, we use a pre vacate checklist and do pre vacate inspections where we feel necessary but would ideally like to do them all the time to minimise issues at vacate.

4 Likes