Starbucks in Australia

So almost everyday I start my day at a starbucks. I set my timer for 15 minutes and check the LPMA community for interesting things. This morning I thought I wounder how many people on the other side of the planet did the same.

Much to my surprise Starbucks is not as big of a deal down under as it is here in the colonies. So that brought up an important question.

What does everybody do in in Australia to start their day?

2 Likes

You Americans and your starbucks! Haha…

I check mine in the morning from my laptop once I have loaded the kids in the car and sent them off to Kindy. I normally have an Orange Juice or something similar because for whatever reason I cannot for the life of me like coffee!

2 Likes

@glenn we Australians have been known to be coffee snobs with our skinny, decaf, double shot latte with no foam! I, however, have been converted to the drip coffee from my time in the US. These are hard to find here in OZ but I load up my drip coffee machine so I have an endless supply of coffee in the AM to do my social media and forums checks.

2 Likes

You may grow out of this @ashley.giles I couldn’t stand coffee until I was about 34 years of age :coffee:

3 Likes

@ashley.giles see there is hope!

1 Like

Gentlemen, there is nothing quite like a cup of tea in the morning to start your day off on the right foot.

I like to read something non-work related when I have my first cup.

I have never been able to understand the appeal of coffee even though I love the smell of it. However, I did enjoy ice coffee in Vietnam although I suspect that had more to do with the sweetened condensed milk, than the flavour of the coffee.

My favourite tea is Green Tea with Rose Petal. I prefer a tea bag so I don’t have to deal with the leaves and a strainer. It must be steeped for exactly three minutes - hello Apple Watch and now my Google Home (my new best friend).

When I am in someone else’s office, I use a keep cup because it stays hotter for longer. I can’t drink it when it cools off past a certain temperature. It must be not too hot, not too cold, but juuuust right.

I am a tad fussy about my tea :wink:

5 Likes

For one of our staff rewards I purchased a commercial coffee machine… they love it, (and it saves them a lot of money and me a lot of time for them going out to the coffee shop)

I use it to make a lovley Chai latte!

3 Likes

That is a very flash coffee machine @ashley.giles Just put a note on the wall that I’m a skinny flat white for when I’m there next :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thats a good idea @adam I will, and what was your coffee order? :rofl:

1 Like

There are 10,000 comedians out of work @ashley.giles and you’re trying to funny :rofl:

2 Likes

He is even worse in person… Could yourself luck you only have to put up with his bad jokes online! :grin:

3 Likes