Using AILO owner survey results with staff

I really like the AILO owner satisfaction ratings categorised by PM.

I would like to use them to drive rewards for high scores.

I am conscious of not making low scorers feel bad; however how do I let everyone know how they are tracking.

I was thinking of a quarterly award for the highest survey score.

But if they don’t know how they and everyone else are tracking during each quarter, then what value is it to drive behaviour?

2 Likes

Hey @adam.bettison, great post.

My 2 cents is to have a scale and focus on improvement as well as your top performers. In my opinion, in our industry, the “Most Improved Player” award is the one to use.

You will always have your rock stars, and you do need to look after them! But don’t forget those who are turning things around. They are your next-gen of superstars!

I have seen @sarah use a similar model with her team and it was one of their KPI’s, so linked financially that way.

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing @adam.bettison Firstly, when using any KPI whether it be internal performance KPI’s or customer-facing satisfaction scores, they should be transparent. I even encourage putting them up on a whiteboard. It’s not about making low scoring people feel bad. It is about lifting the bar for the whole business. Being open with performance metrics allows high performing team members to help lower-performing team members to increase their scores. Secondly, I completely agree with @ashley.giles. You need to recognize those that are showing a significant improvement or have proactively tried to improve their score.

1 Like

Hi @adam.bettison , this is a great question. I appreciate that it is actually a really sensitive issue! I’ve spoken to many agencies who are doing things in various ways.

On one extreme, I know an agency who is just sharing the positive results with the whole team at weekly meetings, and then speaking one-on-one with the individual PM about negative results.

On the other extreme, I know agencies who give all PMs logins to Ailo to view all the results. With this self-service approach, it’s started to drive healthy competition between PMs.

It really depends on your team and it’s worth discussing it with them beforehand. It’s worth setting the expectation that they will receive some negative reviews and that everyone does.

Good luck with it - I’m keen to hear what approach you take and how it works for you.

2 Likes

I am leaning towards showing all staff all results, to encourage friendly competition.

I see in Ailo there is an “Invite Team Member” option, but no further details.

What level of access is provided?

I am happy for team members to see the survey results but do not wish to open up the business performance features to everyone.

1 Like

Hi @adam.bettison

Excellent!

When you add a new member of your team, they will be added as a general user not an admin.

Excitingly, as of later this week, we will be changing the settings so that only those with Admin access will be able to view the business performance features - exactly as you suggested.

Let us know how you go,

Justin

2 Likes