What legacy will you leave

We were cleaning out the archives at our office and found this listing sheet from my mother in law who started in Property Management in 1979. This listing from 1985 for a property in Epsom Auckland.

It got me thinking not only about how much our industry has changed, but about the legacy we leave behind us.

Along side my mother in law we have strived to build a generational company with values that run beyond the Balance Sheet that year. To provide support for multiple families through staff, clients suppliers and more. Our goal, for everyone who comes in contact with us as a business to be better because of it. Not always easy, but if we can achieve this when someone pulls up a listing sheet from 2019 (not that they exist anymore) in 30 years time when my toddlers who may or may not be in the business will know the legacy we have left behind.

So, my question if there is one is What Legacy will you leave, your business… your social footprint if you will. Because, like everything in business if we don’t plan it, nothing will happen.

1 Like