Working from home

Hey guys :smiley:
We are embarking on the journey of allowing our property managers to work from home. The scenario is this, we have 3 property managers who are/were on maternity leave and to offer flexibility are offering a 4 day work week (one of these from home) - any tips for me? Anyone else doing this and how to manage it ? Was technology provided what do we need to look out for etc thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi @kaan this is a great question. It is becoming more popular to allow team members to work from home however your intuition is correct. You need to manage it.

My quick 5 cents worth; Ensure you can manage them through data or remote visibility. e.g. do they have weekly KPI that you can monitor and know instantly when they are falling behind. Are you running a customer feedback program to ensure your team is maintaining a high level of service and do they use a task management tool manage their work? Most of the trust accounting programs have tasks or actions that do this for them. Keeping an eye on their daily tasks and weekly KPIā€™s will allow you to know when they are not performing and you can grab it quickly.

3 Likes

Thanks @adam that makes great sense :+1:t3: Keen to implement NPS at some point this year too

1 Like

Hi @kaan

I love that you are considering offering this for your team members. Mums are really appreciative of some flexibility and I find they can even be more effective during the limited time they are available. I have personally job shared (in the old days) in PM and found it fantastic. The boss used to say he got the best deal because we were both so keen to make it work, we were super productive.

There is a team in Queensland who offer this for all their team - 1 day from home and it works very well for them. I am not sure if they are in this community, but I would be glad to put you in touch with them if you like. There is another office in Adelaide (again, I canā€™t tag them so are not here) who have been experimenting with flexible working hours for their team for the past six months or so and are finding it also to be easy to do. Just in case you canā€™t tell, I am really enthusiastic about this topic - if you would like to chat about it, let me know. :grin: Terri

2 Likes

Thanks so much @terrihandy , your response is much appreciated and yes Iā€™d love to be able to reach out to businesses that have done this and wouldnā€™t mind sharing!

1 Like

Hi @kaan Send me your email address and I will organise a ā€œvirtual introductionā€ with these two offices. Terri

1 Like

Thanks @terrihandy! Itā€™s kaan@risticrealestate.com.au